With computer technologies advancing rapidly every year, I believe that learning some sort of code is pretty much essential to future jobs. Our first challenge with the Altino cars was a race around a figure 8 track. We had 3 categories to race in: 50cc, 100cc, and 150cc. My team, Astrolemon, raced in the 100cc category with a speed of 500 (half of the car's max speed). Our logic statement was to get around the track with the most accuracy. Some of the essential code to this challenge were the commands:
- Steering(); <--- Used to turn wheels
- Go(); <--- Sets the speed
- delay(); <---- Holds the speed for a certain amount of time
I felt that it took many attempts and adjustments to perfect the figure 8, but I enjoyed the process in general.
The new commands to the second challenge were:
- While loop- loops the command a set amount of times
- Array- makes a list of variables it represents
- Display Line- displays the lights on the dot matrix
- Sound- plays inputted notes based on frequency
ACO 5.0 - Create a deliverable using problem-solving techniques to address client needs or target audience.
ACO 5.1 - Apply problem-solving techniques to create deliverables that address the needs of a client or target audience.